DATE LAST MODIFIED: February 11, 2011
Importance of Your Privacy.
A Special Note About Children.
Children are not eligible to use our Services and we ask that minors (under the age of 13) do not submit any personal information to us or use the Services. Orion does not collect or maintain information from those actually known to be under the age of 13, and no part of Orion's website, software or services is structured to attract anyone under the age of 13.
Important Categories of Information for you to Know:
- Who we are
- Information we may collect at the Website
- How your information is used
- Altering the information you submit through the Website
- Who We Are. Orion operates a website located at www.orionmobility.com (the "Website") and licenses certain relocation and tax software (the "Software") to its customers.
- Information We Collect. There are several areas on the Website or in connection with licensing of the Software where you may be asked to enter both personal and non-personal information. We DO NOT sell or share any personal information about you to or with any person or organization except (i) as authorized by you, (ii) as set forth in the relevant portion of the Website or Software, (iii) in connection with providing various Services to you, (iv) as may be required by law or court order, or (v) as otherwise set forth herein. In particular, and not in limitation of the foregoing, information you enter at the Website or within the Software platform will be shared with the vendor(s) or third party services providers with which Orion has entered into a business relationship in order to offer access to the Software and Website.
- Information we receive from you. To use certain of Orion's Services, you'll need to provide certain personal information which may include, without limitation, your name, company name, phone number, credit card information and/or e-mail address, as well as other information.
- Technical information we collect. In order for Orion to ensure that we are providing the best possible consumer experience on the Website and within the Software platform, we collect and track certain user information. When you visit the Website, our Web server sends a cookie to your computer. This cookie stores a limited amount of information about your site visit. The cookie tracks aggregate information on how our site is being used, including session counts, navigation patterns, pages visited, etc. These cookies, however, do not store any personally identifiable information such as your name, email address or phone number as you browse the site. When you submit a question, we store your cookie identification in our system. This cookie allows our site to recognize you when you return. Orion may also utilize Web Logs to track aggregate information about how our site is being used. Web Logs track anonymous user information, including the number of visitors to the Website, operating systems, Internet Provider addresses (if publicly available), and browser type. Unlike cookies, Web Logs are maintained only on Orion servers and do not store or place anything on the user's computer.
If you come to the Orion Website from an online banner ad, an anonymous identification number may be passed to the Website. This information cannot be used to gather any personally identifiable information about you. It will only allow us to track the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, marketing and banner advertisement campaigns.
- Information from surveys. You may have the option of completing an online survey at the Website from time to time. Participation in surveys is completely voluntary and it is your choice whether or not you wish to disclose your personal information to us in connection with any such survey.
- Information from the "Contact Us" section of the Website. You may contact Orion through the "Contact Us" feature. Participation in this area is completely voluntary and it is your choice whether or not you wish to disclose your personal information to us.
- Information collected other sections of the Website. Orion may, from time to time, make various resources available to you at the Website or within the Software platform. At times we may collect personal information in connection with providing such services.
- How your information is used. We use the information you provide to provide the applicable Services to you. Orion may also share certain aggregated data with other third parties for general marketing and demographic purposes; however, this data does not include any of your or your client's personal identifying information. Some of our Services may be offered in conjunction with partner companies, affiliates or other companies or websites with which we work. In order for us to provide these Services to you, it may be necessary for us to share your personal information with one of such entities. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these Services. If you do not want your data to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular Service.
In addition, Orion may disclose account or other personal information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with Orion' rights or property, other Website or Software users or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
- Altering Information You Submit.
Deleting your information. Federal and state regulations may require that we store questions or submissions for various periods of time. In order to comply with these regulations, we may be unable to delete information from our databases.
- Request to stop receiving emails from us. Periodically, Orion may send you emails to alert you to various opportunities available at the Website or in connection with the Software. If you do not wish to receive any of these offers, please send an e-mail to email@example.com to remove yourself from our mailing list
Orion uses extensive and sophisticated secure technology to protect your data and transmissions between you and Orion. Transmission between browsers and our web server is implemented using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This technology requires an SSL-capable browser. Our database is physically separated from our web server and is protected by a physical firewall. Although Orion has taken these reasonable and appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is delivered and disclosed only in accordance with your instructions, Orion cannot and does not guarantee that the personal information you provide will not be intercepted by others and decrypted.
We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our assets or equity to a third party. Your personally identifiable information and other information we obtain from you via the Website or Software may be disclosed to any potential or actual third party purchasers of such assets or equity and may be among the assets transferred.
PLEASE PRINT AND RETAIN A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR YOUR RECORDS.