Coronavirus Survey: What are employers doing?
3.12.2020 | A majority of employers say they have a plan in place to deal with a coronavirus outbreak in the workplace. What are they doing and how is it affecting the way they conduct business?
The Talent Board, a non-profit organization focusing on the candidate experience, is conducting an employer survey and the results (as of March 11) follow.
1) Does your company have a workplace plan in place to deal with a coronavirus outbreak?
- Yes: 66%
- No: 6%
- We’re working on it: 27%
2) Are you encouraging employees to work from home who can?
- Yes: 45%
- No: 25%
- We’re considering it: 31%
3) Are you offering hourly employees additional paid sick leave if needed?
- Yes: 20%
- No: 52%
- We’re considering it: 28%
4) What work travel, if any, are you currently restricting for employees?
- Local (within the city): 13%
- Domestic (within the country): 42%
- International: 49%
- We’re not sure yet: 22%
- Other: 21%
5) Are you restricting attendance at events of 50 or more people?
- Yes: 40%
- No: 35%
- We’re considering it: 22%
- Other: 8%
6) For how long are you enforcing the above restrictions?
- At least the next month: 19%
- 1-2 months: 5%
- 2-3 months: 5%
- As long as it takes to mitigate the spread of coronavirus: 24%
- We have no idea right now – playing it day by day: 45%
- Other: 7%
7) Are you limiting in-person candidate interviews?
- Yes: 44%
- No: 44%
- We’re not sure yet: 13%
8) Are you scheduling more virtual candidate interviews?
- Yes: 57%
- No: 28%
- We’re not sure yet: 15%
9) Are you onboarding new hires offsite and/or virtually?
- Yes: 26%
- No: 55%
- We’re considering it: 19%
10) Will this impact your company’s current hiring practices?
- Not really: 41%
- Yes, moderately: 21%
- Yes, severely: 6%
- We’re not sure yet: 32%
For employers, staying informed is essential. The following links include information that is continuously updated by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
Latest info from the CDC:
- Situation Summary
- Interim Guidance for Businesses & Employers
- Locations with Confirmed Cases
- Travel Info | FAQ for Travelers
Orion is a proud sponsor of the Talent Board